Our Parent Council was established in November 2016. Parents were invited to express an interest during the October Parent Teacher Consultation Evenings; six parents formally applied for the role and attended the three termly meetings last year.
The purpose of the Parent Council is to:
- support the school in its work with pupils
- represent the views and capture the voice of parents
- promote and strengthen contact links between school, parents, pupils and the local community
Last academic year Parent Councillors:
- helped to choose a new school meal provider alongside the School Council
- made suggestions, shared thoughts and concerns and provided general feedback from parents
- suggested fundraising ideas and how to utilise funds raised
- reviewed the results of both the Parent Voice and Pupil Voice questionnaires
- gave feedback on our new online Parent Teacher Consultation Evening online booking system.
- reviewed the results of the whole school e-Safety survey.
- worked with the School Council to find out about their role in school and what school is like for pupils.
Plans for 2017-18:
- Recruit more members to the Parent Council via the questionnaire at Parent Teacher Consultation Evenings (16th/17th October)
- Parent Councillors to help organise and support fund raising events including Hallowe'en and Valentine Discos, Mesty Craft Christmas Market, Raffles and the Summer Fayre
- Hold at least termly meetings
- Continue to build links with the community through Parent Councillors
- Formalise the Parent Council by writing a constitution.